It is very versatle and I have made many variations, but pictured above,
- 3 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2/3 cups sugar (I usually use brown sugar but slipped this time)
- 4 tsp baking powder
- A dash of salt (about 1/2 tsp)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of milk (I’m still using up some canned powdered milk)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Two small handfuls of freeze-dried blackberries, hand crushed
- A small dab of water so the berries wouldn’t dry out the batter.
Mix all the ingredients, grease the pans, put a dab in each pan (about 2/3 full, doesn’t have to be exact) and cook for about 12 minutes. Makes 48. I love my recent investment so I can make all 48 in one batch. 24 for devouring immediately, and 24 to munch on during the day. Rinse and repeat, this is a favorite around here lately.
My children LOVE the small size, it’s just right for them. They don’t ask for jam or any other topping, so clean-up and distribution are easier than sandwiches. They especially like to have tea parties or picnics, when I serve it with juice, bite sized fruits and vegetables, and/or nuts.